About Our Office – Chiropractic Clinic in North Vancouver, BC
Grande Family Chiropractic is dedicated to placing patients first. We maintain a manageable patient volume with an emphasis on providing the highest quality care. We strive to improve quality-of-life and enjoy enabling patients to return to their prior level of activity. Our clinic is proud to offer several varied treatment techniques using the most advanced technology.
- New patients are scheduled for appointments within 24 hours of calling
- Patients do not spend their valuable time in the waiting room- you will be seen at the time you are scheduled
- Only 1-2 patients scheduled per hour in order to facilitate adequate one-on-one, hands on care
- Our clinic is centrally located in North Vancouver
- Home exercise is a key component of our treatment method- we will give you everything you need to get better fast
- Open Saturdays
- Fill out a health profile questionnaire to help us get to know you
- Discuss your health problems and goals with Dr. Akhavan
- Be asked to share your medical history
- Engage in a thorough physical examination
During the consultation, Dr. Akhavan will review your health history and perform standard physical, neurological, and chiropractic tests to determine the root cause of your symptoms. Based on these findings, he will then recommend a treatment program tailored to you.
- Referral if provided by your doctor
- Payment information
- Any form required by your insurance company
Chiropractors are legislated as primary care providers and do not require a doctor’s referral. However, some extended health benefit plan insurance companies require a doctor’s referral for full reimbursement of physical therapy costs.
Loose fitting clothing would be the best choice. The ability to expose the affected area is the key when choosing appropriate clothing.
Typically, each appointment will last between 30 and 60 minutes. Chiropractic adjustments might be able to be completed in as little as 5 minutes.
Every case varies depending on severity of the problem and how your body reacts to the treatment. You may require only one visit or ongoing care for a few months. You will be constantly evaluated by your therapist and will be provided with recommendations and possible additional treatment if required.
The list of things to do following a treatment varies greatly depending on the patient. Some may need to continue home exercises, some will need to get into the gym, and some will simply finish their treatment and return to daily activity.
Please call us for the first available appointment. Often, it will be within 24 hours